Friday, May 20, 2011

Commack Library Show Rescheduled

Our show at the Commack Library scheduled for Saturday May 22, 2011, has been rescheduled for October 23, 2011. Maybe a good thing; the weather is supposed to finally clear up this weekend. After all the rain we've had I think everyone will want to be outdoors anyway. I know I'm looking forward to tending my dandelion patch and getting my tomatoes and peppers in the ground. Yes, I have a dandelion patch. My Italian grandmother taught me to love and respect the lowly dandelion. What's not to love, beautiful flowers that can be fermented, tasty leaves that can be eaten raw or steamed, roots that can be roasted and brewed. I never understood why people spend time and money putting down toxic herbicides to rid their lawns of this delicious and nutritious plant that is packed with vitamins and minerals.

Hopefully the canceled Commack show won't inconvenience anyone. The next Homegrown String Band show is at Edwards Farm Day, June 5th, in Sayville, NY.


Photo by Rick Jackofsky

No comments:

Post a Comment