Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Turtle Power

Things have been kind of slow for the Homegrown String Band lately. I've been getting in a lot of miles running the trails in the old RCA property here in Rock Hollow. It's great to be back out in the woods with the deer, turkeys, hawks, and turtles. The box turtle in the picture must have followed me home. I went outside to water the garden this morning and the little guy was lumbering across the yard less than ten feet from my back door. I think the turtle must be my new power animal—it's OK to slow down, as long as you keep moving forward.

We had a great time playing at the Arkell Museum in Canajoharie, NY. on April 16th. They have a brand new beautiful building filled with fantastic artwork and historic artifacts.

This weekend, Georgianne and I will be taking our Homegrown Two act on the road. We will be performing out on the street at The 39th Olde York Street Fair in York, PA on Mothers Day May 8th..

Next weekend, on May 15th, the full quadrupelo band will be performing at the 50th Anniversary Celebration of the Conscience Bay Quaker Meeting in Setauket, NY. We will not only be the featured band, we will also be participating in the accompanying craft fair. Erica will be bringing along some of her Fiddle Knits  knitwear as well as a selection of printed patterns for knitters. Georgianne is hard at work making crocheted and woven pot holders and trivets. Annalee will be showing and selling her homemade soaps, and I will be selling my Roosterick pewter buttons, Navajo spindles, and kumihimo bookmarks and jewelry.


Photo by Rick Jackofsky

1 comment:

  1. That's one good looking turtle. The past few I've come across had broken shells. Good luck at Conscience Bay and the 39th Olde York Street Fair.

    ReplyDelete