Saturday, March 3, 2012

New Clawhammer Banjo Book


Ragged but Right: The Ungentle Art of Clawhammer Banjo
A Celebration of America's Greatest Multicultural Musical Creation
Bump Ditty Press 2012
By Rick Jackofsky


I just published a new book about clawhammer banjo. Ragged but Right: The Ungentle Art of Clawhammer Banjo.

I had a lot of down time in February so I decided to organize the print-outs I usually hand out to my banjo students. I thought I would just staple a few sheets together to hand out at a clawhammer banjo workshop I will be presenting in Barington, Rhode Island on March 31st, but I got carried away and ended up with a 40 page, 8 1/2 X 11, perfect bound book. Topics covered include practical music theory, clawhammer banjo technique, resources, and some interesting historical notes from the instrument's ancient African roots through the twenty-first century.

Now Available Online, at Shows and at Workshops
Only $15.00 (+ $3.00 shipping)

No comments:

Post a Comment